Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Day 7: rejoice Always!

 

A little over a week ago, I was working in the "Doghouse Wood Shop" trying to make a wooden cross flag using the table saw. I was taking all the right precautions, (so I thought), when all of a sudden the push stick that was in my hand hit the blade of the saw and ricocheted and hit my hand. I don't need to tell you "THAT HURT!!!!!" Later that night I took myself to the emergency room in Spooner. After x-rays, they said nothing was broke - Praise the Lord. But t still hurt and then my hand became stiff and swelled up. For a week I had to learn to do things with my left hand and stayed out of the wood shop for a few days. Today it is doing a lot better, but still hurts and is stiff if I over do it. 

   1 Thessalonians 5:16 tells us to "Rejoice Always". So, how do you rejoice over a sprained hand or for anything else that is hard to deal with. The idea of "rejoicing" is not going around with a phony, pasted smile on our face pretending that all is well, when it is not. "Rejoicing" is knowing that God is in control and He has a plan for all of this. It is an internal peace and strength that comes only from the Lord. It is a calmness of spirit trusting the Lord. Even though m,y hand hurt, I could rejoice that it was not hurt any worse, that I got a chance to talk to the nurse in the hospital and find out she is s Christian, that God was teaching me to wait on Him - "Be still and know that I am God!"

Joy also comes by putting Jesus first, Others second and Yourself last. 

https://www.beneathmyheart.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/JOY.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Food

 Yesterday, my mom would have been 100 years old. This brings back a lot of memories of mom over the years. One of the things that most peop...