Thursday, May 14, 2020

Under His Wings


     It was quite an amazing day for photography. I went to Rice Lake to deliver a wood frame for a dear lady and her husband. On the way to the delivery site, I took a side trip on Lakeside Road to see if there was any new born goslings that I could take pictures of. They are so cute when they are young and following their parents around the park. That is when I saw what you see in the picture above. In all my years of shooting geese, I have NEVER seen babies under their parents wings like this. As far as I can see there was at least 5 goslings under her wings. What an amazing and exciting sight. What do they do when there are 20 - 30 goslings? That would really be a sight!!!
   The verse I thought of was Psalms 91:4: "He shall cover you with His feathers and under His wings you shall trust..." 
    I can think of several reasons these babies would seek shelter under their mother's wings.
1. Security and safety. She is guarding and protecting them from any enemies that might come by - including humans.
2. Warmth. It was a little chilly and misty this morning and what better place to be than under a warm, waterproof shelter.
3. Bonding with mother. Even geese need to bond with their young. This way they know who they can trust and run to in a hurry, if needed. 
   These are the same reasons that God wants us to find shelter under His wings: Security and Safety; Warmth of His love; and Bonding with God our Father. When we go through difficult times, run to our Heavenly Father and seek shelter under His wings. He is always there for us and ready to bond!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Food

 Yesterday, my mom would have been 100 years old. This brings back a lot of memories of mom over the years. One of the things that most peop...