Thursday, April 23, 2020

Quiet Please



   Matthew 13:1 is a simple, but very important verse. Jesus had been busy all day, healing people casting out demons, teaching and much more. He was physically and emotionally drained. So what does He do. "Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea..." There were several times that Jesus just needed down time by Himself and His Heavenly Father. He needed to recharge His spiritual batteries.
   Just think, if Jesus, the Son of God, God in the flesh, needed quiet time, how much more do we need it. At least once a week I will take a trip to take a few photos or take a walk in the woods by myself. My goal is to be alone with God for a period of time so I can get my thoughts and heart in right perspective. Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right! as the old song says. None of us can handle all that is going on right now by ourselves. We need that time with the Lord to talk it over and share with Him what is on our mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Food

 Yesterday, my mom would have been 100 years old. This brings back a lot of memories of mom over the years. One of the things that most peop...