Thursday, April 2, 2020

Peace


 The 3rs Fruit of the Spirit" is Peace. Have you ever thought of a song and then the words and music are "stuck" in your mind all day long? This morning I was trying to think of a song that goes along with "peace" and the song "It is well with my soul" popped into my head - now it is stuck in replay, especially the  first verse. When peace like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say It is well, it is well, with my soul     Philip Paul Bliss / Christopher C. C. Stafford

I love going down by the river and watch the waters. Sometimes it is calm, quiet and peaceful and other times the waters are overflowing, raging and restless - "the billows roll". But no matter what they keep flowing and don't quit. Peace is not the absence of stress, problems or trials in our life. It is a calmness of spirit and soul even in the midst of the worse of times, because our minds are focused on Jesus who is in control. Ephesians 2:14says "For He Himself IS our Peace...".
   No matter what, because of the peace of Christ, we can say with the author of this song, "It is well with my soul". Jesus IS our peace! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Food

 Yesterday, my mom would have been 100 years old. This brings back a lot of memories of mom over the years. One of the things that most peop...