Sunday, April 19, 2020

Can You Hear Me Now???



Psalm 3:4 - 5: I cried to the Lord with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.

 Many of you may remember the cell phone commercials that asked the age old questions, "Can you her me, Can you her me now?" Have you ever poured out your soul to someone hoping that they at least were listening. Half way through the conversation you look at them and they are playing on their cell phone and not paying attention. "Huh, what were you saying?" Most of the time when someone is talking to us, instead of listening, we are waiting to put our 2 cents worth in. We have some great story that will answer all their questions.

  In Psalms 3 when David "cried" to the Lord with his voice, it says that the Lord heard me from His holy hill." The word "cried" means with a thundering voice, yelling repeatedly, praying out loud. God can read our thoughts, but it is much better to talk to God out loud.
   David was encouraged not only that he could cry out to God, but more than that God HEARD HIM!!! God listens to us - REALLY LISTENS!!! He pays attention and He CARES!!! Whether it is something small, like some small hurt, or something big, like the death of a loved one or real fears that you may have, God listens and He hears!!!
   You may remember the old song,
"What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! 
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer! 
O what peace we forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, 
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Food

 Yesterday, my mom would have been 100 years old. This brings back a lot of memories of mom over the years. One of the things that most peop...