Monday, May 4, 2020

Peacemakers



 Matthew 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers,  For they shall be called sons of God.


 One of the Jewish greetings is the word, "Shalom" which means "Peace". It is a basic greeting asking for harmony, wholeness, completeness, prosperity, welfare and tranquility and can be used to mean both hello and goodbye. 
   Jesus in this next Bee-atitude tells us that "Blessed are the peacemakers". It is much more than just a greeting, like "Hello". It is a lifestyle, part of who we are. So are you a Peacemaker" or a "Troublemaker?" It always bothers me when I am at odds with someone or they are at odds with me. I find it hard to be at peace within my own life until the matter is taken care of, one way or another. 
It does not mean that we al;ways agree with others, but we are at peace, with them. We can disagree and yet love one another. Over the years there have been people that we don't agree with and yet we put aside our differences and love each other for Christ's sake. 
  Being a "Peacemaker" has more to do with MY attitude and My Actions than the other persons attitude and actions. 
a. How do I respond when some is upset with me?
b. Do I always have to have my own way all the time? 
c. Am I willing to sacrifice what I may want to be a blessing to the other person? 
e. Am I willing to go the extra mile to help someone and to show them the love of Christ? 
f. Do I always have to get the last word in? 
g. Can others see that I am a child of God by my attitude and actions? 

                                SHALOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Food

 Yesterday, my mom would have been 100 years old. This brings back a lot of memories of mom over the years. One of the things that most peop...